Thursday, February 24, 2011

"Wacky Uniform Wednesdays"

 
Have you ever tipped your server more because the uniform she/he was wearing? Maybe because she/he was attractive,but a terrible server?  I believe that the uniform has a lot to do with how you tip your server. Of course your going to look at how your being treated, but your appearance really does matter.
The girls at the bottom are very unlikely to be taken seriously, maybe even laughed at, and are probably not going to receive a very good tip.
However, the Hooters girl, who is very attractive and spunky, will probably have better luck in one night of serving than in a whole week for the other girls.
Now I said I believe that the way you look has a lot to do with how you get tipped, but I did not say I agreed with it. There should be no difference, but the truth is that the world is.
The uniform we wear in our work place can also effect our attitudes. The girls at the bottom are probably constantly being made fun of, therefore they come to work discouraged.
On the other hand, the Hooters girl is most likely excited to work because she knows she looks good, will not get made fun of, and will make good tips by simply looking good.
At the Olive Garden, our uniforms are extrmemly uncomfortable, not flirtacious at all, and cover about ever inch of our bodies. I wonder if we had uniforms like Hooters, how much more I would make.
So , the next time your out, pay attention to the uniform  in whatever resturant you may be and see if that affects the way you tip your server.


1 comment:

  1. I would like to think that I am unswayed by the uniform in tipping protocol! I will accept the challenge and see where my tip dollars go; Does the clothing really make a difference? I am usually a fan of any server that keeps my drink full and gives me extra napkins, regardless of their outfit! However, I think that there is a possibility of influence from a provocative outfit catching my attention, subsequently guiding my hand to a larger tip! Perhaps people who would be romantically interested wouldnt want the "hot" waitress to think their a cheapskate!

    ReplyDelete